Monday, April 21, 2008

Two in Two Days

I decided to talk about movies this time!

So the first one I watched was on HBO last night.
The Pursuit of Happyness.




I know I'm a little behind since this movie came out quite some time ago (okay, a long time ago).
But better late than never huh.
And it was whoa.
Kept me glued to the tv the whole time. Lol.

The title really meant what it was supposed to mean.
The struggle Chris Gardner (Will Smith) had to endure in his life just makes you feel as grateful as you can ever be with what you have.
He continued to persevere even when things got really tough, stayed optimistic and did absolutely everything in his power to protect and provide a living for his son, Christopher (Jaden Smith).

I mean, imagine this.
From living in a 2 bedroom apartment to a motel room to being kicked out into the streets and forced to spend the night in a subway restroom to lining up everyday at 5pm in the evening in order to get a room at the homeless shelter.
Blow after blow came upon him. Spending the night in jail, eviction, taxes, etc. etc.
In spite of all that, he still had to continue selling his scanners to survive and study in order to get a job in an investment firm to make a living.
Every dollar mattered.

I have to say that thank goodness all ended well.
This is proof that good things do happen to good people =)
So if you have the time, really you have to watch it.
Its a very inspiring movie that definitely puts things into perspective.

***
Next movie I watched was tonight with Ally.
She bought the DVD for The Other Boleyn Girl.



I've been dying to watch this one ever since I saw the book in MPH.
Its a scandalous movie set in the 1500s with three hot and talented actors in it.
Honestly, how can anyone not want to. Lol.
Natalie Portman plays Anne Boleyn, Scarlett Johansson plays her younger sister, Mary Boleyn and Eric Bana plays the King of England at the time, King Henry VIII.
(I did wonder why Keira Knightley wasn't chosen to act in this film.. She does have that old English air about her..)
All in all, very very exciting plot.
Since its not out yet (in Malaysia), I won't elaborate on it.
If you like films based (not fully based but referenced) on historical events in the past, this is the movie for you.
Its really entertaining and there's a lot you can discuss and analyze about the characters played.
Definitely worth watching in my opinion.
Anyway, I borrowed another DVD from Ally.
P.S. I Love You
I can't wait to watch it! =D
Hehe. Hope you all have been watching good movies too.
/xx

No comments: