Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Today's Good Friday, i thought mass felt abit different today. Somehow the solemness in the atmosphere felt good to me.. and i have no clue why. The priest spoke of Jesus' last words in his sermon today. I could relate to alot of the things that he was saying.. He also talked about the cross being a symbol of Christianity.. and the passion that Christ found. It was all relative to the sermon yesterday in which he spoke of our purpose in life.. something that we thirst and strive for.. something that drives us.. without it we're practically lost.. not many have found it.. and some never did. I myself havent found it yet.. its a mystery to most.. and i can only hope that it will be revealed to me soon. We shouldnt just look at the cross as a symbol of our faith, but instead, let it represent our life. 'Jesus of Nazarene, King of the Jews' "Father, forgive them for they do not know what they do." "Today you will be with me in paradise." "My God, my God why have you forsaken me?" "I am thirsty" "It is accomplished" "Into your arms i commend my spirit" - Jesus' last words.

* This entry is abit messy. Its bits and pieces of the sermons and my thoughts. comments please :)

No comments: